Thursday, May 15, 2008

Honda Robot Conducts Detroit Symphony

I first heard about this after seeing videos posted on YouTube and thought it was an interesting gimmick. The real point of the evening was to honor cellist Yo-Yo Ma for his work as a music educator. I guess the Detroit Symphony figured, rightly, that even a world-renowned cellist, considered by most the finest living player of the instrument, wouldn't merit ink unless there was a robot sharing the bill. Need I say any more about why I'm no longer looking for full time work in music?

Not to take anything away from ASIMO; he's kinda cute in a Hello Kitty sort of way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just scrolled through your birdwatching and gardening blogs. Fun to keep up with what you are doing.

Mom

PS also checked out Beth's bike, drumming, etc. And her beautiful thoughts on Mother's Day. My Mom's been gone for over 25 years and I still miss her and think of her often.